Welcome to the Lachance Lab at Georgia Institute of Technology! Our lab studies human evolutionary genomics , population genetics, and health disparities. It’s an an exciting time for the field of population genetics, and our research group uses whole genome sequences and computer simulations to study how diverse human populations evolve. We are interested in questions like:
• How have human genomes evolved in response to modern environments?
• How difficult is it for alleles to move between divergent populations (e.g., Neanderthals and ancient humans)?
• Why do hereditary disease risks vary across populations?
• How to best estimate an individual’s predisposition to different genetic diseases?
• What will our genomes look like in the future?